What is Paediatric Dentistry?
Paediatric Dental Care or Paediatric dentistry is a sub-division of dentistry in which prominent dental care will be given to children from birth through adolescence. Pediatric dental care is the most critical aspect as children won’t be aware of dental problems and also children usually neglect proper oral hygiene. Danta Vaidhya is the best dental clinic in KPHB which offers Child Dentistry services with the best and most accurate results.
What is the importance of Paediatric Dental Care?
Paediatric dental care mainly deals with the protection of your child’s primary teeth, securing the teeth from decay, and preventing various dental diseases. Oral hygiene is most important in kids to avoid teeth and gum-related issues. The oral hygienic process should begin from the infant stage. For bottle feeding or nursing infants, a proper dental hygiene regimen must be implemented to prevent their early teeth. Before teeth eruption in infants, wipe of the gums carefully with a soft wet cloth or a gauze.
The paediatric dentist monitors the child’s teeth at the time of check-up and they will make sure to remove plaque build-up and food debris that are stuck in teeth. This prevents the excess growth of bacteria, inflammation in the gum tissue, and tooth decay. Visiting a paediatric dental clinic is more helpful to protect your child’s teeth. Paediatric and preventive dentistry can help preserve your kid’s teeth safe from various tooth and gum problems.
Types of Treatments Offered by Paediatric Dentists
- In the paediatric dental clinic, a complete examination of the child’s teeth will be done. And also required dental care will be provided such as cleaning and fluoride treatments. Also, dentists recommend a proper diet for children to avoid teeth and gum problems,
- One more important aspect of Child dentistry is identifying and correcting the teeth position and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics).
- Proper care and monitoring of kid’s tooth cavities or defects.
- Paediatric dentists also help with dealing of habit counselling such as pacifier use and thumb sucking. Children can get rid of these habits as soon as possible after the counselling session.
- Preventing and safeguarding oral problems related to various health conditions such as congenital heart defects, diabetes, asthma, hay fever, attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Paediatric dentists also focus on various gum-related diseases such as short frenulae, ulcers, mucoceles and paediatric periodontal disease.
- Fractured, displaced or knocked-out teeth and all other dental injuries in kids will be treated with 100% results.
Paediatric Dentist – Types and Services
Danta Vaidhya is one of the best dental clinic in KPHB rendering its services for kid’s oral health problems. We offer all types of paediatric procedures such as,
- Cleanings and preventive care
- Fluoride treatments
- Fillings for decayed or damaged teeth
- Sealants to the chewing surfaces of teeth to protect hard-to-clean areas from decay.
- Teeth bonding for crooked, chipped or discoloured teeth.
- Teeth Extractions
- Crowns or porcelain caps to replace the outer portion of the tooth.
- Emergency Dental Care for kids